Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and employees alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control you, your dentist and the dental team. If you have any questions about our infection control procedures, please ask and we will be happy to explain our procedures.
Our entire team consistently follows infection control procedures recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA) and several federal agencies:
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
All employees have been trained in these procedures and understand that safety cannot be compromised.
To enhance patient and staff safety, Drs. Supowitz has dedicated a room solely for the cleaning and sterilization of dental instruments. The dedicated Sterilization Room contains an automated cleaning device for handpieces, an automated Instrument Washer and a Class B Sterilizer (“hospital grade” autoclave) for instruments and handpieces. The sterilizer is tested weekly through an independent monitoring service to assure peak performance.
Before each new patient, the surfaces in all treatment rooms and equipment are chemically disinfected.
Our infection control procedures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Smocks, disposable gloves and face masks
- Disposable materials to prevent cross contamination
- Eye protection
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all instruments before every use
- Disposal of biochemical waste and sharps through an approved biohazard disposal company
- Our protocol has been enhanced to improve air quality (use of HEPA filters in each treatment room) ensure the safety against COVID-19 and common cold viruses amongst our patients and staff.